Sunday, July 6, 2014

A new blog. An old favorite.

Why yes, I'm home. Thanks for asking, Colossal Boy.
I'll send the bill to the Legion HQ.
Why start another blog, when I have such difficulty keeping one blog updated and have left the others to lie fallow?

I suspect it has to do with several people commenting on the long disappearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes, and their love for it: podcasters asking for an updated blog site, friends lamenting the long absence of the Legion, and even my young son -- who currently enjoys episodes of the Legion cartoon. Perhaps it's time to go back to the versions of the Legion that I loved and figure out what made it so popular -- and what might make it more popular in this day and age.

Or perhaps it's just time to share my nostalgia for this time in my life with like-minded people online.

By the way, the comic book cover to the left is from the first Legion of Super-Heroes comic book that I bought. It wasn't the first one that I read, but it was the first one that I actively collected, and started me on a very regular collecting habit for many years.

Long Live the Legion.

No comments:

Post a Comment